Traditionally we spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my family in Duluth and then hurry home to spend the rest of the day with Kevin's side of the family. This year Kevin and I decided we would host Christmas Eve at our house, it would be easier with me being sick and easier for Blake to not have to travel so much! Also we wanted Blake to wake up at home and be able to see what Santa brought him! I loved having Christmas at my house! I hope we can do this every year!
Blake was so happy to have my dad and my sister's dog Ziggy here, he probably wouldn't have cared if he got presents or not! Anyway from my family he got a small toy engine with tools, movies, clothes, another tool set, a punching bag (he loves this toy!), a snow tube, as well as a travel train set, cars, books, play doe and a snowmobile helmet that he hated!
| Blake playing with his new engine/tool kit! |
| Blake got the Chipmunk Movie! |
| Auntie Morgan and Blake! |
After dinner and gift opening, Blake and I made a plate of cookies for Santa and finally went to bed around 11. Christmas morning Blake woke up and all he kept asking for was Grandpa, who was still downstairs! When we told Blake Santa had been here and brought him toys, he finally got excited! The excitement in Blake's eyes and the look of wonder was the best part of Christmas!
| Christmas morning! |
| Finally getting to play with his own train set! |
| Blake playing with grandpa Dave and Auntie Lisa! |
For this being Blake's 2nd Christmas I think he did great with all the excitement and craziness! I think he got a little overwhelmed with the amount of gifts he got, and with all that was going on around him ( I did too!). Someday he will understand how blessed he is, to be loved so much by so many, and thankful for all that he has. But as a kid he gets to enjoy all the magic of Christmas and we can be thankful ones!
| On a mission to go sliding! |
Baby news! We had our first doctor appt the week before Christmas, all is well! We had an ultrasound and got to hear the baby's heartbeat, for me this appt is always such a relief! I love knowing baby's ok! From what we saw on the ultrasound this baby is a lot "quieter" or "tamer" then Blake was at this appt! When we had the first ultrasound with Blake, he was all over the place practically doing somersaults! Watching this baby on the monitor was a lot different as he/she was moving a bit but not much, seemed very calm! :)
This is my last post of 2010, so Happy New Year and see ya in 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment