Wednesday, April 20, 2011

All About Nothing

Pretty much sums up what we have been up to! There hasn't been too much going on lately, just watching Blake grow and impatiently waiting for Brooklyn to arrive.

Blake has been very good lately, at times a bit sassy with his attitude and his need to be independent. I'm loving every minute of it, I love that he can have a conversation with me, its amazing what he talks about and what he remembers. I love that he has opinions and will very willingly tell us what they are! I'm also loving the fact that he can do/be involved with so much more stuff now, it makes things so much easier and harder at times. :-)





Last week we had a couple of practice nights up at the track (Rice Lake) and I brought Blake to one to see how he'd do, since he's a bit older and a lot more active then he was last year at the races, I wasn't sure how he'd be and he LOVED it! He loved watching the cars on the track, he sat in Kevin's arms for a long time, so content to be one of the guys and watch. I think his favorite part was when my dad (grandpa Tim) got his car out, Blake was so excited to see him on the track, he was waving, clapping and yelling "go grandpa!" My dad is racing both a mod and late model this year, so he had his mod down to get the feel of driving one again, its been a while! Kevin took it out for a quick practice session and after that Blake did nothing but talk about grandpa racing and daddy racing grandpa's car. So for the last week he's played cars constantly, occasionally playing with his (too) many trains.

Speaking of trains, Blake's room is all done now!

He loves all the trains!

Last week my state licenser was out for my daycare, and I am now state licensed (as well as county certified). It was a breeze, I was so worried about things, maybe a little too worried, that when she came and did her walk thru, it only took 50 minutes rather than the 2 hours she told me it could be. Now I can get more daycare kids, which maybe I will, maybe I won't. I have a great schedule right now, I'm done with work at noon every Friday, and being 7 months pregnant, it is really nice to have the "down" time. Come fall tho, I would like to get more kids for sure, so we shall see....

Baby update! I am 28 weeks or 7 months along, with 12 to go, the countdown is on! LOL All is well, I had a doctor appt this morning and Brooke's heartbeat sounded nice and strong, I'm still measuring a week ahead and unfortunately still gaining weight! This week, I finally realized that 12 weeks/3 months really isn't that long, when it seems time is going pretty fast, so I'm starting (again) on her room and hoping to have it finished in the next couple weeks. I've also been busy washing clothes and blankets, etc. I would love to have everything ready for her in the next month, so I can enjoy that last couple of months with Blake!



So I'm not sure what is going on with this pic, on my computer its rotated but when I upload it on here its like this! I think I am 25 weeks here, I can't remember...

We are suppose to start racing this weekend, mother nature hasn't been so nice with the crazy winter weather lately, so we shall see what the weekend brings us. If we do race, I'm sure we'll be freezing out butts off! Brr! Well enough of my rambling.

Happy Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment