Wednesday, August 10, 2011

5 weeks

Today our sweet baby girl is 5 weeks old! I can't believe she is "that old" already, time has flown by as usual! Brooklyn has been a wonderful baby, we've been so lucky at how easy she's been. As of right now she will sleep 5-7 hours straight at night, wake up have a quick bottle and back to sleep she goes for a few more hours. She's quite the little eater, she is hungry just about every 3 hours and drinks 3-5 oz at a time. When I had her in for a check up at 3 weeks she weighed in at 9 lbs 1 oz, and looking at her now, she's starting to fill out and look chubby! I love it, nothing better than a chubby, healthy, happy baby! Brooke's not much of a crier (unless your taking too long), she's more of a sqeaker, thus her nickname: sqeaks! (Blake also calls her sissy!)  Brooke LOVES to be cuddled and prefers to be held more than anything, although she does like her swing, bouncer and laying on the floor looking around. I admit I hold her a lot, in the back of mind I keep thinking she could be my last baby, so I'm soaking up as much snuggles with her as I can! Brooke is such a happy baby, we are so blessed!

She loves her nuk!

Blake has been a wonderful big brother, I can't believe how much he loves Brooke and how good he is with her, it makes my heart melt! He always wants to hug and kiss her or get her things for me. He wants her to play with him so bad, he puts toys next to her and then just watches her, waiting for her to play! Its sweet. He's adjusted very well to not being the only child anymore, there are times he acts out and does things that make me want to scream, but all in all he's done great and we're so proud of him!


He's so proud of her!

This last month we've been pretty busy, we all hate being stuck in the house, so we are out and about quite a bit, doing things we would normally do with Blake and bringing Brooke along as well! She's been quite the little traveler! In July we all went to the Barron County Fair and had a great time! Blake loved the animals and the rides and of course the ice cream! The funniest thing that he remembers from the fair is "the cow had poopy on his butt!" he thought that was hilarious! What a goofball!



Blake, Brooke and I have made 2 mid-week trips up to Duluth to visit my family, its been great to take advantage of my maternity leave to do things I normally don't do unless planned. Last week we were in Duluth and I brought Blake to the train depot to go to "A Day Out with Thomas". There were lots of activites and games and train sets for the kids to play with and of course we got to go on a ride on Thomas! Blake was a little overwhelmed with all the chaos of the day but he LOVED the train ride! The only bummer of the day was Blake refused to get a pic with Thomas!

This is the only pic with Thomas!

Talking to his bear Stewie!

This week has been spent spending as much time with my kiddos as I can and sleeping as much as I can! Because sadly I go back to work on Monday. :-( I have LOVED having the past 6 weeks off, its been so much fun! Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy my job and the kids I care for are wonderful and sweet, but I will miss my days being spent with just Blake and Brooke. I'm sure it will be fine once I get in a routine of working again.

Story time at bedtime, one of my favorite times of the day!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment