Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Happy New Year! Hard to believe its already 2012, for me 2011 flew by! Well except when I was preggers, it sure felt like it was dragging on! I think when a person has children the time goes by way too quickly.

Our family had a wonderful Christmas at home again this year. We hosted my family here on Christmas Eve, and I loved every minute of it :-) Blake and Brooke LOVED opening gifts, especially Blake! He would tear into his gift, look at it, then tear into the next one. Blake got a ton of toys, a wagon, monster trucks, dinosaurs, movies, clothes etc. Brooke enjoyed playing in the wrapping paper and she loved the bows! She got lots of toys as well, a doll, seahorse, clothes, purse etc. Blake was really into Christmas this year so leaving cookies and milk for Santa was exciting as was going to bed to listen for Santa! (I wish I could use that trick year round to get him to go to bed!) Christmas morning he woke up in our bed, as he had a bad dream, and he completely forgot that Santa had come until we reminded him and then our still sleepy little boy couldn't jump out of bed fast enough. It was so fun listening to the sound of his feet running to the living room! Santa brought him a race track, a movie, cars, water bottle and a game. Brooklyn got a tea set, teethers and a sippy cup, I'm sure she was excited too, she just wasn't showing it!









Christmas Day afternoon was spent with Kevin's side of the family at his parents house, we had a wonderful meal and a wonderful day with them! Christmas at my in laws house for me is very relaxing and I enjoy every minute of it! Blake was so excited to open gifts there, that he barely would eat, we all weren't in the living room yet and Blake was opening his gifts! LOL He new what ones were his because he had cartoon wrapping paper!  He got a racetrack, a sit and spin, Elmo bath toy, clothes, a puzzle etc. Brooklyn once again loved the wrapping paper! She got lots of clothes- which is great cause she's growing so fast! She also got a stuffed puppy that she loves!





To sum it up we had a wonderful Christmas, the best part was spending it with family and watching the joy and happiness in our kids eyes, lots of wonderful memories!

December sure went fast, but it was a fun month. We brought Blake to Monster Jam and he did great, he sat for about the first 45 minutes and then got antsy. He had just about every snack you could get and enjoyed the foam Grave Digger hat that came with the $15 cotton candy the best. (And he only ate 3 bites of the cotton candy!!) We also took him to the Aquarium and on the rides at the MOA and we had a blast! Kevin and I both can't wait to bring him again, his smiles and giggles were priceless!







We also celebrated Kevin's 32nd birthday on Dec. 17th. Blake was so excited about a birthday and having a birthday party for daddy (even if it was just the 4 of us!). He helped me make a cake (so did Brooke, she was in her exersaucer in the kitchen) and decorate and helped wrap gifts. Blake thought it was fun to sing Happy Birthday :-)









 
Kevin has been  busy with work, and building racecars, his busy season is slowly creeping up on us, which is great for the work and all but me and the kids sure miss him a lot when he has to work so much. Fall and early winter spoil us, as he can be home with us so much more! He's also getting ready for his racing trip in February. :-)

I've been busy with the kiddos, work and planning our vacation. The kids are at ages where they need so much of me I haven't been able to do much else besides care for them, which is fine with me! Just wish they would sit and snuggle more! Work has been pretty good and is about to get busier as I am taking on 2 more kids the week after we come back from our vacation...it will be a full house, wish me luck as it will be great for the checkbook and not so great for my sanity! I've also been busy planning and preparing for our vacation. We head to Florida on Sunday and we all can't wait! And I say ALL because we are bringing Brooke as well! I just couldn't leave her, she's such a mommy's girl and is so attached to her big brother and daddy, I think she'd be sad for us to leave her for 6 days. So  my lists of things needed to be packed are miles and miles long as are my lists of things to do before we leave! So here I sit writing my blog instead of getting things done! LOL We are super lucky tho my mother in law and her sister are flying down  the day after we get there, to help us out with Miss Brooke. As there is so much to do at Disney, she'll get so tired, so Brooke will get to go back to the hotel with her grandma :-) Oh and Kevin and I will actually get a date night!!!

Blake hasn't been up to too much lately, just enjoying all his new toys and getting excited to go on an airplane, go to a hotel and see Mickey! He recently learned to say yellow instead of lellow, which made me so sad! It just reminds me that he's growing up, and too fast at that. His 3rd birthday is coming up and he is so happy about his party! He picked out all his birthday stuff and is impatiently waiting for that! He still loves his trains and cars but enjoys playing monster trucks with his cool ramps daddy made him for Christmas. Blake is really into playing pretend and acting out what he sees in movies. He has Lion King action figures and plays out scenes in the movie and will also play out scenes from the movie Up. Its so cute! I can't believe how much he remembers and how accurate he is when he plays, its pretty neat! He's really into the movies Up and Oliver and Co. Currently we are working on being a better listner :-)



Brooklyn will be 6 months on Friday and wow has she been growing! She loves to jump in her jumperoo and loves to chew on everything! Last week she learned how to roll and is quite happy to just roll to her toys and play :-) I'm sure she'll roll to Blake's toys soon enough! Brooke is doing pretty good sitting up by herself but still tips over sometimes. Her puppy and tea pot are her favorite toys at the moment. Brooke is starting to babble quite a bit and when she gets super excited she'll scream super loud, she is still full of smiles and giggles and is just the happiest baby! Currently our little princess is teething and we're hoping those teeth come in soon!




Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment