Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April snow storms bring May flowers?

Is this winter ever gonna end? I love winter in December but not so much the end of April! The Adams household has spring fever something fierce!

Honestly I don't remember everything we've been doing for the last month, but its been busy! We all haven't been home for a whole weekend in over a month.

Here's an idea of what we've been up to:
-Easter in Duluth and Cameron- great family time!
-MOA to shop and go on rides with my sister Morgan- we had so much fun!
-Bon Jovi concert- they were awesome!
-Girls day at MOA to get makeup done, lunch and drinks and shopping- fun kid free day!
-Day in cities with Morgan, then drove to Duluth to see my family, then drove home that night = exhausted!
-Took the kids to the roller skating rink- busy and fun time!
Happy Easter!

Blake is going a bit stir crazy, he's ready to be outside all day and RUN! He loves being outside, but I think he's even bored with the snow.  He's kept busy playing TMNT, power rangers, cars, animals, play doe and he loves games and making things.  Blake also loves watching Scooby Doo, Spider man and Batman. Lately Blake has been taking his Nerf guns outside and tries to shoot the birds, this could seriously entertain him for hours. We have him in swim lessons 2 nights a week again, for something to do, he loves going there to play and see his friends, not sure how much he's actually "learning"! Blake is very much missing Kevin right now (Kevin is putting in super long hours) and is ready to have some "guy" time.   And he absolutely will NOT go shopping with me unless its for a new toy or a special treat!
Batman!

Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Brooklyn....where do I even begin!?! She has definitely hit her terrible twos! She will be 2 in just over two months, and is struggling with wanting to be independent and having to do as mommy says. It's becoming quite the battle! She can be cute, funny and as sweet as can be one minute, then all of a sudden she's yelling gibberish or yelling "NO" and throwing a fit for a toy, not wanting to get in her high chair, not wanting to get cleaned up or get her diaper changed. It just depends on the moment how she's going to act. Brooke still loves her baby dolls, doll house, Barbies,  playing outside, our horses and whatever Blake has! Her speech is getting much better, and she's saying a lot more words. Lately she's turned into quite the little snuggle bug, and we love every minute of it! Brooke's favorite cartoon is Bubble Guppies, I love the way she says bubble- it's too cute!
She's saying "NO!" in this picture...
Playing together!

Like I said earlier Kevin is putting in long, long hours, as we are in the heart of his busy season right now. Kevin is leaving early in the morning, comes home for dinner for an hour or so, then back to work until 11 or later.  He's lettering 2-3 cars a day plus his normal everyday work. It's great that he's so busy business wise, however family wise, we miss him!!! The kids are really missing their daddy time, they're used to him being home at 6 for the night, and having him play with them and tuck them into bed. I miss my hubby too! I'm ready for date nights and to curl up and watch a movie with him. Soon we hope :-) Kevin has been managing some time out in the garage to get the race cars ready, however the never ending winter has helped take off some of the pressure and he can take his time a bit!

Racing.... are we really ready to give up our weekends yet?  I know Blake is more than ready, Kevin is on the fence, he wants to race yet wouldn't mind having some time off from work before the season gets under way and Brooke probably doesn't even remember it! And I'm still dreaming of whole weekend of just lounging! ;-)

Me....well work wise I'm staying very busy, as I just filled my last full time daycare opening, so far so good! The kids have all been great, but wow they have been wearing me out, by 9pm I can barely keep my eyes open. Speaking of eyes, about a month ago I got my first pair of glasses. I started noticing things were a bit fuzzy far away ex. road signs and the TV menu. I also recently got my first pair of contacts. I'm not sure how I feel about all of this yet, I love being able to see clearly again, however I feel like this was an aging thing for me. I've always felt young or have been young at heart and this for me for some reason makes me feel old. Silly of me I know. I'm currently looking for new decor for my living and dining rooms. I have a lot of ideas, I just need to find or make the pieces, it's a work in progress! Pinterest has me wanting to change everything!  Kevin and I also decided we ll be getting new furniture next year (yay- its picked out!) Not this year as I AM getting a outdoor riding arena and quite a few updates to my barn!! FINALLY!! I'm just about done summer clothes shopping for the kids, summer is bound to get here sooner or later, right? That's about all that's been going on for me other then cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, grocery shopping and running errands.....oh how exciting this must sound! I cant wait for the warmer weather, I'm ready to go on some nice long walks and ride my horses.

Last fall and early winter, we were going to church regularly, now as things have gotten a little busier we haven't gone as much and to be honest I'm a little disappointed in that, as I truly enjoy going and being there. We belong to such a wonderful church, the people are welcoming and genuine and Pastor Ned is one of the most kindest of people. Recently videos of Sunday service have been put on the church's website, which I enjoy watching, but its just not the same as being there. So this Sunday I WILL round up the family and be there. It's such a great way to start the week!

Blessings to you all, until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment