2015 is right around the corner, here's a recap of what happened in 2014 in the Adams Household:
(Sorry for there won't be any pix in this post!)
Blake (5)
It was a year of firsts for Blake, he started kindergarten, played spring and fall soccer, a sleepover, his first 4-wheeler and lost a tooth! Blake has adjusted well to kindergarten, at first we struggled with going to bed early and having to wake up and getting going in the morning. Normally the kiddos have later bedtimes, especially in the summer when we are racing 3 nights a week! Nor have the kids ever had to get up in the morning to go anywhere. Now we have a good routine in place and most mornings Blake is good about getting ready...I say most because some mornings are just rough! Oy! His favorite things at school are lunch with his friends, gym, recess, library and the computer lab. A lot of times he says school is boring, when I ask him why he says because he hates the paper work, which I don't blame him, that is boring! Recently Blake was sent home with homework (in kindergarten!!??) I was a bit annoyed that a 5 year old should have homework, its bad enough that he is in school all day, when he gets home he should be able to just play, spend time with his family and relax! Granted the homework was easy and only took a few minutes... Blake played soccer this year and LOVED it, he is a natural athlete and very competitive, it was so much fun watching him and how excited and proud he would be when he would score or assist in a goal. Recently we hosted a sleepover for Blake and Brooklyn's best friends Brylee and Jema, we all had fun! They kiddos camped out in the living room and watched Home Alone, they had pizza and cookies with lots of giggles! Surprisingly they were all asleep by 11, which means I was too! Blake has lost 1 tooth and has 2 more loose at the moment. This so far has not been a great experience, Blake hates it! He freaked out about the blood and having a hole in his mouth and hates the feeling of a loose tooth. Luckily the tooth fairy cheered him up. Blake also got his first 4-wheeler and he loves it! He took to it right away and is a bit of a dare devil, which scares me. Blake is still my sensitive, sweet, kind, rough and tough and a bit of an emotional roller coaster boy! Lack of sleep is a real enemy at times, Blake just needs sleep or he is CRABBY! ha! Blake LOVES to play! He mostly plays with racecars, TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles), power rangers, animals (he's a huge animal lover), superheros (batman is a favorite), swords and weapons, he loves to "battle". He also loves watching movies, we recently got Netflix and he loves being able to pick out his favorite shows and movies. Currently his favorite movie is Grease! Grease is my favorite movie and we watched it together one night and ever since he's been hooked! I do have to say I'm so very proud of the boy he's growing up to be. He is polite and well behaved (most of the time!!) and has such a big heart! I love him soooo much!
Brooklyn (3)
Where do I even start when talking about our spunky full of life little girl? I often say that Brooke is in Brooklyn world, she's happy, sweet, silly, full of giggles and sass! She's girly yet loves to play everything that Blake plays. Everyday with Brooke is a surprise and its so much fun listening to her, she has a huge imagination and she makes us smile and laugh everyday! This year was exciting for Brooklyn, she got her first pony Ernie! Brooke and I went to look at him in September and bought him on the spot, we fell in love with him. He is a miniature pony, and the perfect size for Brooke. He is kind and gentle and lets Brooke hug and cuddle him, pull his hair, jump around him and of course learn to ride on him! Brooke absolutely adores and loves him so much, I think he feels the same way, when he's in the barn, he follows her all over, its priceless! Brooke says that he's the bestest pony ever! Brooklyn also started dance lessons this fall, she goes 1 day a week and loves it! Her dance teacher is my friend Keytun and Brooke's best friends Jema and Gracie are in the class with her, they have so much fun. Her first few classes she was a bit of a handful but has since started being a better listener and did a great job learning her dance for her Christmas Dance Recital. The recital was absolutely adorable! Brooke danced a little bit and then mid dance stopped, put her arm up across her forehead to block the lights, to look for us and started waving to us! Everyone laughed! Then she went back to dancing, only my Brooklyn! Brooklyn's days are spent at home with mommy, she loves when Gracie and Jema get here to play all day. She loves to color and do projects, her favorite toys are her dollhouses and the people that go with them, toy horses, barbies and baby dolls (her favorite doll is named Baby Kylie, but she calls it Baby Tylie because she can't say her k's or c's.) Brooklyn loves to help me with anything, she will help me fold clothes, set the table, cook and clean, she just loves being a special helper, I love it! She loves putting on lip gloss and having her fingernails and toenails painted...always pink! Brooke also loves movies: Cinderella, Frozen (shocker!), Dora, Horseland, Grease, etc. She is also a HUGE daddy's girl, she has him wrapped around her little finger! I'm so proud of the little girl Brooklyn has grown to be, she makes us step back and really enjoy the little things in life. I lover her soooo much too!
Quote from Brooklyn (summer 2014): Mommy, I wish the world was the color of a rainbow!
Kevin
2014 was an amazing year for Kevin, personally, professionally and racing wise! After he decided to be done building and selling chassis, a huge weight was lifted from his shoulders, he is much less stressed and back to our easy going, chill and happy Kevin! Buzz Signs had another fantastic year, between lettering racecars and all of the commercial work, Kevin stayed happily busy, which is awesome! Racing was a crazy roller coaster this year, but thankfully ended on the highest of notes, he won the Wissota Modified National Championship! I'm so proud of all his hard work and determination, it really paid off! Kevin started off the year racing in Florida, he had some bad luck and some good luck! From the trip there to the trip home it was crazy, no one would believe everything that went wrong...our new trailer getting delievered in a snow storm and being in a massive pile up in Chicago, borrowing Cory Crapser's trailer and the awning getting blown off going down the highway, terrible track conditions at East Bay, getting rained out, winning at Lake City and finishing very well there to conclude the racing action there, and last but not least the motor on the hauler breaking on the way home! Sadly that would not be the worst of it, in April we lost our good friend and long time pit man, Lefty (Kyle Hansen). Nothing could prepare any of us for that phone call. He is missed and thought of everyday, the racing season was not the same without him, but it gave the boys something to race for, this year was very much for Lefty, he would have been so proud and excited! The normal race season had a lot of lows but the highs outweighed them! Kevin ended up winning the Silver 1000 again this year, and I along with the kids were there to see it! It was pretty exciting to go to my home track and see Kevin win there! (Generally if Kev's races at Proctor or Superior I for whatever reason never get to go!!! ugh!) Kevin also rounded out the year winning his 8th Wissota 100 title! In other news Kevin finished fixing up our new to us pontoon and we were able to enjoy being out on that a few times and we hope to do so more next summer. This fall he was busy re-fencing our pastures for Ernie, four-wheeling and enjoying being home. That is a luxury when he can be home and just hanging out with us in the evenings. Other than that not much else is new, he is now preparing for another trip to Florida come January.
Megan
This past year was a great year for me as well, it was a happy year for the most part! Work has been great, I'm blessed to work with great kids and great families. We were able to go to Florida 2x once in January and again in February, anyone who knows me knows that Florida with my family is my happy place! Nothing else really comes to mind that really "stands out" that was big and exciting! LOL
Fun things that we've done as a family in 2014:
Disney World
Speedweeks in Florida
Sea World
MOA
Wisconsin Dells
Science Museum
Como Zoo
Pontoon cruises
Children's Museum
Hopefully in the coming weeks I will be able to update and post pix! I haven't had a usable camera in over a year! I've been just using my iPhone, for Christmas Kevin got me the camera that I wanted along with a new laptop...that I'm using right now! I still need to learn more about my camera and all the options as well as the software...it seems like a daunting task. My new computer is awesome, we were in much need to update our old ones, I love how fast this one is!
Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment